Saturday, September 29, 2012

Festing Through Pics: Virtual Oktoberfest

If you’re like me, and you’re not attending the official Oktoberfest celebration in Munich, you might be curious as to what it’s like. The interwebs do offer a cavalcade of websites with stories, history, dos and don’ts, and various other methods to inform those of us who aren’t actually there. For my part, I like pictures, not because I can’t read (I obviously can’t write) but because, as a wiser fella than myself once said, “a picture is worth a thousand words.”
 
So I’ve searched the web and found a pile of photographs that have been taken at this year’s ongoing Oktoberfest in Munich. It kind of makes you think you’re there, and possibly makes you decide to drop what you’re doing and get on a plane to go drink some beer. What could be wrong with that?
 
Oktoberfest Blog Post Part 3: Virtual Festing
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

Seriously. Why doesn’t America have a holiday like this?
 
This has been the third and final Oktoberfest blog post in the series. Hopefully, you are now inspired to a) move to Germany or b) find a local festival to enjoy. At the very least, go to your local beer store and pick up some Oktoberfest beer. There are literally tons to choose from and most of them are quite good.
 
Here’s to craft-brewed happiness… Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment