Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Everybody's Working for the Weekend

Everyone's watching to
see what you will do
Hope you guys like Loverboy.

Let me tell you about my weekend plans. They’re pretty awesome if I do say so myself. And, they perfectly outline a good piece of advice, almost as though I were taking my own advice… not a bad idea now that I think about it.

This weekend’s plans fit seamlessly into my latest obsession with the beers of the 21st Amendment Brewing Company in San Francisco, CA. If you’ve been keeping track at home, I recently wrote an entire post about their Back in Black black IPA, and I have ranted and raved at an almost obscene pace about their Brew Free or Die! American IPA. Both are delicious, and if it isn’t obvious yet, I highly recommend them both to all of you.

A can of watermelon whoop-ass
This weekend I will be venturing into the 21st Amendment galaxy of craftiness and coming back with a healthy payload of their Hell or High Watermelon Wheat. I have seen this beer on the shelves of my local beer dude’s store many times, but I have always passed it by for something else. I recently sat back and pondered that phenomenon over a pint of 21st Amendment’s Back in Black, and I came to the conclusion that it was my own hang-ups about watermelon in beer that was causing a pre-judgment. Not that I don’t like watermelon… far from it… but the idea of watermelon in beer, at least on a subconscious level,  was to blame for why I’ve never given this beer a chance.

Expand your mind Neo...
That all changes this weekend when I overcome my own internal shortcomings that revolve around watermelon and beer together and open my mind to something new… which if the reputation of 21st Amendment is worth anything, is probably light, crispy, sweet and delicious. I hope this inspires you all to do the same… maybe not with something as crazy as watermelon beer, but something new and different… outside of your comfort zone. Allow the craftiness the opportunity to win you over to the good side.

Here’s to craft-brewed happiness… Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment