Monday, May 7, 2012

How the Whole Thing Works?

I tend to speak about beer in terms of the process, and I do so freely, quickly and often without regard to whether my captive audience can understand me. I can admit this flaw, and I openly seek to rectify it by offering visual aids in order to facilitate effective communication. So here is the brewing process, all laid out into a nice little diagram, so that those who accuse me of fast speech will be appeased.

It's so simple

This is, of course, a gross over-simplification of the fine art known as brewing, but for the sake of understandability and universal accuracy, it will do. I hope this chart helps you understand what I am talking about when I use words like “wort” or “lauter” of “mash tun.” And as always, feel free to ask questions.

Here’s to craft-brewed happiness… Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment